After a lengthy closure as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak, the Fallon County Commission is pleased to announce the reopening of our Courthouse. Effective 8 a.m. on Monday, May 11, 2020 the Fallon County Courthouse will be open to the public, while following and adhering to the “Reopening the Big Sky” guidelines established by our Governor Bullock. To help safeguard your health, all employees are screened prior to beginning work; furthermore, we are taking extensive cleaning/sanitizing measures throughout our buildings.
Members of the public will access the Courthouse by entering and exiting through the front lobby entrance; this entrance is handicap accessible. All other entrances will be utilized as emergency exits only. Upon entering the lobby, visitors will be greeted by an attendant. Visitors will be asked to wash their hands upon entering the building before conducting any business. In addition, hand sanitizer will be available at the greeter station. Visitors are asked to please follow the direction given by the greeter and to maintain social distancing. If the number of visitors results in a group to which social distancing is not possible, visitors may be asked to wait outside the building.
Please note all access to the Emergency Operation Center (EOC)/Library basement is restricted. We are not taking reservations for the EOC/Library basement until further notice. The following are the guidelines for access to our Library:
1. Access to the Library will be limited to a maximum of five (5) patrons at any given time.
2. The Library has been deep cleaned and sanitized for your safety.
3. Our older and more vulnerable patrons are encouraged to visit us between 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
4. Gloves and masks are encouraged but not provided.
5. Please follow the six (6) feet social distancing guideline.
6. Computer use will be limited to business and classroom activities only. Social distancing allows for three (3) computers to be used at a time. Time restrictions will be based on patron needs and at the discretion of the Library staff.
7. The Courthouse will not be accessible from the Library.
8. The south handicap entrance is accessible for our patrons.
Your health and safety are of the utmost importance to us. Therefore, all materials are quarantined for twenty-four (24) hours before reshelving. InterLibrary Loans and Partners Loans services are not currently available; as we progress through the phases of reopening, these services will be reinstated. We are exploring a virtual program for our Summer Reading Program. Please check our website and Facebook for updates.
We anticipate the O’Fallon Museum will reopen June 1, 2020; access is subject to Reopening the Big Sky guidelines.
All reopening of County buildings is subject to change. The Commission would like to welcome our Fallon County residents back to our Courthouse and Library! Thank you for your patience during this crisis!
Stay well, stay healthy.