Support local journalism by subscribing today! Click Here to see our current offers.

that you may have the right to a court-appointed interpreter if you’re involved in a lawsuit?

If you have a limited ability to read, write or understand English or if you have a hearing impairment and require interpretation service, the court should appoint an interpreter for you. This is true if you are a party in a civil or criminal lawsuit, a witness, a juror, or a potential juror. If this is your situation, you would need to ask the court to appoint an interpreter for you. You can do that by filing a Motion to Appoint Interpreter with the clerk of court.

To find the Motion to Appoint Interpreter, check out If you can’t find what you’re looking for, try our smart search bar. Or call the Montana Legal Services Association HelpLine at 1-800-666-6899. Support free legal information for all Montanans at


Online Poll

What is the worst thing about the cold weather?

You voted:

Latest E-Edition

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

1. Be Civil. No bullying, name calling, or insults.
2. Keep it Clean and Be Nice. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
3. Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
4. Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
5. Be Proactive. Let us know of abusive posts. Multiple reports will take a comment offline.
6. Stay On Topic. Any comment that is not related to the original post will be deleted.
7. Abuse of these rules will result in the thread being disabled, comments denied, and/or user blocked.