Here are a few suggestions that might inspire you on this day:
• Invite for dinner someone who would otherwise be alone.
• Send a thank-you note to your teacher, a friend, or a co-worker, letting them know how much you appreciate having them in your life.
• Start a gratitude journal. What are you grateful for? Record something each day.
• Visit a senior residence or hospital and spread the joy of the season.
• Enjoy a movie marathon: after dinner, treat everyone to a movie at the local movie theater.
• Take an afternoon walk or nature hike.
• Set out a few board games and puzzles. Make sure there’s something to entertain guests of all ages.
• Have a karaoke night with family and friends.