Legal Tip of the Week

   Did you know …

   that you must file an answer at court if you are served with court papers? If you don’t file an answer, the person suing you could get everything they ask for. You could lose your case without any notice to you. The summons that you get with the court papers will tell you how many days you have to file an answer.

   For more information, please visit the Legal System section of If you can’t find the information you want, click on the LiveHelp button. Or call the Montana Legal Services Association HelpLine at 1-800-666-6899.