Legal Tip of the Week


you must file an answer at court if you get served with court papers? If you don’t file an answer with the court, the court can enter a judgment against you. This can heppen without any notice to you. That means the person suing you would win. You would have to file an answer in a certain number of days. The summons that you get with the court papers will tell you how many days you have to answer.

   For more information, visit the Legal System section of: If you can’t find the information you want, click on the LiveHelp button or call the Montana Legal Services Association HelpLine at 1-800-666-6899.