Baker Police Department
• February 1, 2016 – February 7, 2016 – 26 Calls for service: 7 traffic stops; 5 animal complaints; 2 law enforcement information contacts; 2 thefts; 1 non-injury crash; 2 citizen assists; 1 warrant; 2 unlocks; 3 agency assists; 1 unsecured building
Anyone with any information on any area crime is encouraged to call Crimestoppers at 406-778-2222. Calls are never recorded and rewards are offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of responsible parties.
From the Bench
• Stephen James Schatz, Baker, habitual offender operating motor vehicle, $1035, Public Defender fee of $250, jail of 365 days with 351 days suspended on conditions for one year (2/1/17), 14 days jail to be completed by March 11, 2016 with a Waiver of Extradition, loss of driver’s license to be determined by the State of Montana, no violations of any local, state or federal laws, pay fine, fees and or surcharges as agreed/ordered, pay back Public Defender fee of $250, complete jail sentence as ordered, attend, complete, comply and pay for the WiseChoice LifeSkills Course – Driver Responsibility, notify the Court/Counsel immediately (within 48 hours) of any change of address or telephone number during suspension/deferral period, ticket issued 10/11/15.
• Stephen James Schatz, Baker, operating with expired registration, failure to re-register, dismissed by prosecution per Plea Bargain Agreement, ticket issued 10/11/15.
• Stephen James Schatz, Baker, driving a motor vehicle while privilege to do so is suspended or revoked, dismissed by Prosecution per Plea Bargain Agreement, ticket issued 10/11/15.
• Alex Roy Domagala, Baker, revocation of suspended or deferred sentence on the original charge of Partner or Family Member Assault, causing bodily injury to partner or family member, $55 remaining on the original owed of $1085, $700 on the original fine suspended on conditions for seven months (9/1/16), jail of 335 days with 330 days suspended on conditions for seven months with credit for five days served prior to sentencing, no violations of any local, state or federal laws, pay fine, fees and or surcharges as agreed/ordered, complete jail sentence as ordered, attend, complete, comply and pay for Chemical Dependence Assessment, Education Course and Treatment and follow all recommendations of the counselor, SCRAM PharmChem Drug Patch for seven months, Anger Management Assessment and a minimum of 40 hours or statutorily required counseling, supervised misdemeanor probation, seek and maintain employment and provide the Court with proof of paystubs for verification of employment by the 5th of each month, shall not enter any establishment where alcohol is the chief item of sale, shall not possess or consume any alcohol or illegal drugs and or drugs or medication without a prescription, notify the Court/Counsel immediately (within 48 hours) of any change of address or telephone number during suspension/deferral period, curfew of 9 p.m. nightly, ticket issued 10/26/15.
• Amber M. Erickson, Baker, seatbelt violation, bond forfeited $20, ticket issued 1/20/16.
• JD Frank Witcher, Baker, speeding on non-interstate, exceed night limit of 65 MPH, 94/65, bond forfeited $70, ticket issued 1/22/16.