Legal Tip of the Week

  Did you know …

there is help to pay heating bills and/or weatherize homes?The Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP)pays part of winter energy bills. The Weatherization program helps improve heating efficiency of homes, which lowers heating costs. You can apply for weatherization and emergency situations at any time during the year. You can apply for LIEAP starting Oct. 1 at your local Office of Public Assistance or download the application and instructions at:

  For more information, please visit the Public Benefits section on If you can’t find the information you want, click on the LiveHelp button or call the Montana Legal Services Association HelpLine at 1-800-666-6899.