Legal Tip of the Week

Did you know …

that if you are low-income you can apply to have the fees for filing court documents waived? You must qualify in order for the court to waive your fees. You have to fill out a waiver form. You will need to list your income, household size, assets, and other information. It might take a few days to get a decision from the court. Apply to get the fees waived a few days in advance of any filing deadlines.

  For more information, please visit the Legal System topic of: If you can’t find the information you want, click on the LiveHelp button or call the Montana Legal Services Association HelpLine at 1-800-666-6899.