Legal Tip of the Week

Did you know …

that if you file for chapter 7 bankruptcy you can keep certain property? That property is called “exempt”. In Montana, your house is exempt for up to $250,000 in equity. There are also exemptions for other types of property.

   For more information, please visit the Money Problems section of If you can’t find the information you want, click on the LiveHelp button or call the Montana Legal Services Association HelpLine at 1-800-666-6899.