Legal Tip of the Week

Did you know …

that any changes to your parenting plan must be approved by the Court? You cannot just make an agreement with the other parent to change the parenting plan. If the change is not made formally through the Court, you cannot rely on it. This applies to any part of your parenting plan, including plans for the summer.

   For more information, please visit the Families and Kids section of If you can’t find the information you want, click on the LiveHelp button or call the Montana Legal Services Association HelpLine at 1-800-666-6899.